About Me

My photo
United States
Scottish Born (Glasgow), USA bred (Brick NJ). Now living and NOT working in San Francisco. I'm a Daughter, a Sister, a Godmother,and a Friend. Volunteer, Traveler, Music & Theatre lover, and an avid Book Reader....oh yeah, and a Recruiter!

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pushing Forward

I got an email today from the hiring manager of the job I interviewed for at the Bank. (Yes, on a Sunday!). It was in response to my email looking for an update.  He indicated to me that he was still interviewing people and that they hadn't yet made a decision. So, that's the good I guess. The bad news is...I was the first to interview...do you think I can get a do-over? LOL...or re-interview to remind them how I would be the best person for the job? How does one ask for that!? Just kidding...I am happy to have heard from them at least...now I know what is going on.

I've had a good weekend.  Friday night Veronica and her boyfriend Jay came over and we were up talking to 330am in the morning!! We obviously had lots to say!! One of the things we talked about was how Veronica didn't realize just how much being out of work was affecting me and that this blog helped her understand that more. Despite how close we are. I guess it's difficult to explain out loud for me to everyone.  I spend all day applying to jobs, sending out resume after resume...it isn't easy to want to talk about it all the time.  Jay and I joked that it is hard to get excited about any one job in particular until it at least gets to the phone interview stage! (He was unemployed for a while too). I was happy to hear though that reading this made her more aware, and that's part of why I write it.

Saturday I went to a surprise birthday party thrown by friend Melissa for her boyfriend Mark's 40th...it was at Pisco Latin Lounge.  It was fun.  I met some new and interesting people and had a "pseudo" date for the night...Alex's husband Erkut! (You missed a great party Alex!!).

I am hoping to get a part time job this week as a nanny.  I am supposed to meet with the family (they have a 2 1/2yr old little boy). My worry is that because I am looking for other work, that may not suit them, but we will see.

For now, I will keep pushing forward .... as always!!

Heather

No comments: