About Me

My photo
United States
Scottish Born (Glasgow), USA bred (Brick NJ). Now living and NOT working in San Francisco. I'm a Daughter, a Sister, a Godmother,and a Friend. Volunteer, Traveler, Music & Theatre lover, and an avid Book Reader....oh yeah, and a Recruiter!

Friday, May 6, 2011

Emotional Rollercoaster

I've had a rough week.  I don't know quite how to explain it.  I've felt emotional and moody and let down and bored.  I felt the worst I've ever felt since I have been unemployed.

The funny thing is, after the disappointing interview the other day, I've had several calls about other interesting opportunities.  I would say more in this week than the last 3 months combined.  But it hasn't helped my emotional state at all.  I struggled through the phone interviews trying to sound upbeat and personable, and in no way did I feel it.  It was so unlike me.  At times, I really just wanted to burst into tears.  And to top it all off I haven't been feeling well either...so maybe that is the main contributor, or am I not feeling well BECAUSE of my emotions...who knows...but I want it to be over!!

I have another phone interview today at 930am.  One of the calls I recieved this week was from a Recruiting Firm based in NJ, but they have a small office out here as well.  It sounds really interesting and has a decent base plus commissions.  I would be working on their biggest account (a Bank) recruiting contract IT people. I had a really good conversation with the guy in NJ and he passed my resume along and I will be speaking with the Manager for this area today.  I've also recieved a few more calls about Executive Admin positions.  Not sure any of these will pan out, but I am willing to give it a shot.  I will do almost anything at this point!!!

I'm hoping my emotional rollercoaster of a week is just a little blip.  I've tried really hard to remain positive these last months but it just caught up with me I suppose....I'm allowing myself this week, but I know it isn't the right attitude and I have to pull myself out of it.  I'm not going to get anywhere feeling sorry for myself...this I know!!!

So, it's Friday and I've been up since 5am...I applied to a few jobs this morning,   I'm going to do my interview later and then be done with looking for work for the week!!

I am going out tonight to my friend Jenna's event at Fort Mason (Water 1st) with Nicole and I am going to relax and have some fun.  On Monday, I will continue my search and with a better attitude!!

Heather

No comments: