About Me

My photo
United States
Scottish Born (Glasgow), USA bred (Brick NJ). Now living and NOT working in San Francisco. I'm a Daughter, a Sister, a Godmother,and a Friend. Volunteer, Traveler, Music & Theatre lover, and an avid Book Reader....oh yeah, and a Recruiter!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Cut and Paste

It is raining here today...a perfect day to stay in and get out as many resumes and applications as possible. 

It is a very dull and repetitive process but one that over the last few months I have become very adept!! (Cut and Paste, Cut and Paste!! LOL). Some companies have you upload your resume AND fill out all the of same information on their web portals...it is annoying beyond words and so innefficient (in my humble opinion).  But if I want to work, I need to do it. And believe me...I want to work!!

No more information from the few contract jobs I interviewed for in the last few weeks. (Other than what I mentioned in my last post). I've spoken to the people in India again as well...but so far not one of these opportunities is an actual job offer so I just keep plugging away!!

I had a good weekend, although I spent a lot of time on buses going between Olivia's and Veronica's taking care of their cats...it was nice though.  Saturday I went to watch the Barcalona vs. Man U game at The Blarney Stone with Karla then we headed down to Olivia's to hang out for a while and we were later joined by Nicole...it was fun! Then I headed to Veronica's for a bit too. I did the other days alone, but having the girls with me Saturday made it an event! LOL.

No plans for the week so far...hoping for a last minute interview or even phone interview...just something to keep the momentum going.  I've been more positive about everything and I am trying really hard not to be down on the situation and just be grateful for the things that are going well.

Heather

No comments: