About Me

My photo
United States
Scottish Born (Glasgow), USA bred (Brick NJ). Now living and NOT working in San Francisco. I'm a Daughter, a Sister, a Godmother,and a Friend. Volunteer, Traveler, Music & Theatre lover, and an avid Book Reader....oh yeah, and a Recruiter!

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Shortlisted....

I've heard the term "shorlisted" twice this week in reference to positions I have applied to.  Both positions are here in California and both are contract positions...one for a Healthcare company and one for a Bank. 

I'm not sure what that means exactly, but I think it means that I have got past the HR department of those companies and I am now in front of the hiring managers. (Well, not me, my resume!).  It's good news I suppose and hopefully it means I will get at least an in person interview at some point.  I've also been chatting with a company in India as well...it looks promising, but with all 3 roles, I am trying not o get too excited.  There are so many ways things could go wrong (especially with India and getting an Visa), so I keep applying to things day in and day out hoping that my search comes to an end soon.

I am having trouble sleeping again.  It started a few weeks ago.  Staying up until 4am and then having trouble rising in the morning.  I was doing so well!!  Nicole gave me some melatonin and I think its working, but I still haven't been able to fall asleep before 2am...when I do though, the sleep is less restless and I wake up less often.  I just have to try and take it even earlier in the hopes of getting myself out of this crazy sleep pattern.

It's Memorial Day Weekend.  Last year, I was boarding a plane to Melbourne, then on to New Delhi a week later.  This year I am cat sitting 3 cats for 2 different friends (Veronica and Olivia) while they board planes to far off destinations....what a difference a year makes right?  It's kind of depressing!! LOL. 

I wish I had something to look forward to.  I was hoping to make it back East for a fundraiser for my friends Jeff and Trisha's little girl Thea who is battling a brain tumor.  She is going to have a lemonade stand in her honor to raise funds and awareness for her condition ( http://www.alexslemonade.org/mypage/70964 to make a donation).  I really wanted to go...first of all, because her parents are amazing and this little munchkin is a fighter and I really wanted to meet her!!  It isn't looking like I will be going though due to (surprise surprise) lack of funds!!

Anyway,  everyone enjoy your holiday weekend....I will be roaming the City, feeding these cats and hanging out in other peoples apartments watching their cable/movies and drinking the wine they left me as a Thank You! (Thanks for that by the way ladies!!).

Heather

No comments: