About Me

My photo
United States
Scottish Born (Glasgow), USA bred (Brick NJ). Now living and NOT working in San Francisco. I'm a Daughter, a Sister, a Godmother,and a Friend. Volunteer, Traveler, Music & Theatre lover, and an avid Book Reader....oh yeah, and a Recruiter!

Monday, May 23, 2011

We're All Still Here....

So, the world didn't come to a crashing halt on Saturday...phew!! (Just in case it did, I went out Friday night with Veronica! LOL)

That means, another week of submitting resumes and hopefully some interviews for me!!  I haven't heard from any of the places I spoke to last week...but if there is one thing I have learned during this time...it is PATIENCE!! I followed up with the people though, and I hope to get at least one in person interview out of all of this!! 

On Friday it will be a year since I left on my trip to Australia and India.  I honestly can't believe a year has passed.  It has at the same time been incredibly slow going and boring and yet flown by!! I'm not going to lie...until I left India I didn't realize what a huge impact those 12 little girls had made on me. Often times I thought "What in world am I doing here?" and "Am I really making a difference for them?".  But when I got home, and over the last year I have realized that they made a difference for ME...not the other way around.  They made me want to do more for the less fortunate, and especially for young women and girls not just here in San Francisco and but everywhere.  Even though my contributions may be small at the moment...I hope that someday I can do a lot more. 

Not only them, but that country.  Despite the heat (which was really the hardest thing to overcome), I loved it there...the people I met, the culture...the food...ahhhh...the food!!  I would give my left arm to be able to go back again.  I have spoken to a company over there about work.  I met a couple from Texas when I was travelling in Goa (Garry & Teal) and they have contacts over there and on a whim I sent Garry my resume.  He then forwarded to his business contacts and I have been emailing with one of them.  Like all the other jobs here in the US...I am terrified of getting my hopes up...(especially with Visa issues) .. but again like all the others here...I am hopeful.  I have also received some emails from Scottish companies as well, and as I have mentioned been speaking to someone in Philadelphia.  The idea of moving out of San Francisco and having a fresh start somewhere is sounding less and less scary to me now. 

I just want to work!!!

Heather

PS.  During the course of this posting, I received an email saying that my resume has been short-listed for one of the positions here in the Bay Area!! No interview yet though!

No comments: