About Me

My photo
United States
Scottish Born (Glasgow), USA bred (Brick NJ). Now living and NOT working in San Francisco. I'm a Daughter, a Sister, a Godmother,and a Friend. Volunteer, Traveler, Music & Theatre lover, and an avid Book Reader....oh yeah, and a Recruiter!

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Too Much Alone Time

It's Saturday.... early morning. 
Not that it being a weekend makes a difference for me...being unemployed all the days seem to run together and it's hard to tell one from the next.
I am finding it more difficult to be social, and anyone who knows me, knows that I like to be social....personally and professionally. It's getting hard to leave the house and go out into the world. I think too far ahead.  If I go out, I need to spend money (most of the time) and if I spend the little money I have then I have nothing to buy the food or the bus pass I may need later, so staying home seems the most logical to me. But too much time alone isn't good, and neither is being a hermit!! My friends invite me to do things and I say yes, then I panic about the money thing and I bail. That doesn't make me a good friend, and as I have mentioned before, they have all been good to me during this time. 
I am going to try and make an effort to do better and to TRY to stop worrying about the money and do more stuff.  Starting today...as it happens, I am going away for the day/night with some friends to visit some other friends and go wine tasting. (I am assured that the wineries we will visit give FREE tastings!) I am going to TRY and put the money thing out of my mind and just have some fun. I am also going to do better by my friends...I can't always go out, but I pledge to you all that I won't bail if I do say yes in the future.

Heather

No comments: