About Me

My photo
United States
Scottish Born (Glasgow), USA bred (Brick NJ). Now living and NOT working in San Francisco. I'm a Daughter, a Sister, a Godmother,and a Friend. Volunteer, Traveler, Music & Theatre lover, and an avid Book Reader....oh yeah, and a Recruiter!

Friday, June 17, 2011

Name Change??!!

Well, my faithful readers...I have a job!! At least for the next 3 months!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It happened so quickly I can barely believe it myself.  I interviewed on Tuesday, got a call on Wednesday, signed the paperwork on Thursday, and I'm going for the drug test today (Friday). I should be able to start in week (maybe less).  I'm not sure what my title will be just yet, probably Contract Recruiter.  I will be working in the Healthcare industry which is totally new to me but that is what I wanted...a new challenge in a new industry!!

I can't wait to start going into an office everyday and being part of a team.  I really liked the people I met  and I know they will be good to work with.  I will have a huge learning curve learning the lingo so I plan on doing some research before I get started so I don't sound like a complete fool! LOL!  The office is in downtown San Francisco, right around the corner from my old office.  I can't wait to get dressed up everyday, to commute, and to be, once again, part of the downtown hustle and bustle!! Most of all, I can't wait to have a REAL paycheck once again!!  The contract could go longer providing I do a good job, and that there is enough work to go around...but the opportunity to get in and learn something new is the best part.

I've been keeping pretty busy as well.  Last Friday, Karla and I went for a REALLY long walk around the City.  We walked from my house to the deYoung Museum to see the Balenciaga and Spain exhibit, around the exhibit, then through Golden Gate Park all the way to Japantown. (for those of you in SF you know that is pretty far!!)  I take for granted this beautiful City where I live and it was nice to get out and see some things I hadn't seen before.  Saturday was Juan's first concert...he was so adorable!! We (his parents, me and his godfather) were all so proud!! I am going to miss picking him up from school and taking him to his piano and singing lesson...and all the funny conversations we have on the bus!! I am going to try and squeeze in a couple of little things with him before I go back to work...one of which is taking him to the SF FD Museum.  I know he will love it!! On Sunday Nicole and I went to the playground with Juan and she and I went to the Haight Street Festival. (Juan went to his first Giants game with his Dad).  I also got to catch up with Olivia and some other ladies downtown after my interview on Tuesday!  It was so fun, and I can't wait to see them more once I am back in swing of things!!



Favorite sketch from the Balenciaga Exhibit

Cool alley off of Stanyan Street

Juan's Concert

At Golden Gate Park


I am so happy to be getting back to work, but I'd be lying to say I am not nervous.  After so many months of being home and looking for work, there is a teeny part of me that is worried about it. Is it like riding a bike? Will all those memory muscles just come back? Will I still have the same skills I had before? Will the people who hired me like me once they start seeing me everyday? Will they extend my contract or will I again be looking for work in 3 months??  I'm trying to ignore all these nagging questions in my head and Chanting helps alleviate them at night when my brain won't shut off...but I guess I won't really know until I get started.

Writing this blog has helped me immensely during this time...I can't thank all of you enough for reading and for the kind comments and encouragement. As I've said many many times on here...I have the best family and friends, and all of you have stuck by me and listened to me!! I am SO very lucky to have you all in my life!!

I want to keep writing about my transition back into the working world, however...I think the blog needs a new name....Any suggestions????

Heather
xx

2 comments:

AmyP said...

Yay!! Congratulations! :D

MDB_Mom said...

Great! We need a new entry now that you have started the job. I hope it goes well and they keep you longer then 3 months!