About Me

My photo
United States
Scottish Born (Glasgow), USA bred (Brick NJ). Now living and NOT working in San Francisco. I'm a Daughter, a Sister, a Godmother,and a Friend. Volunteer, Traveler, Music & Theatre lover, and an avid Book Reader....oh yeah, and a Recruiter!

Monday, March 14, 2011

Live. Laugh. Love

My Granny Neary had a charm that said that...Live. Laugh. Love
I don't know what happened to it after she passed away, I think one of my other cousins has it. I started thinking about that saying this weekend when I was out of town. She did...she lived, she laughed and she loved....with us and for us.  There are literally hundreds of Nearys..hundreds!! But when you were with her, she made you feel special, like you were her only grandchild.  She used let David and I "bake" in her kitchen..geez it was messy!! Those are some of my fondest memories. Granny Neary made everything, especially these 3 things look easy, and now that I am older and she has been gone for almost 20 years, I see that it couldn't always have been that way.
I realized that I haven't been doing much living since I lost my job...I have been existing...getting buy...making it work...but not living.  I haven't had much occasion to laugh either, and love, well, besides the love of my family and friends...I haven't found "love". I need to start living again, and the other two will come easier. Getting out of town this weekend was exactly what I needed and for that I have to thank 4 people...Alex for inviting me (and her hubby Erkut), and Matt & Monica Brown for taking us to wine country and for hosting me at their home. 
Besides copious amounts of wine (okay not that much...but still alot!), the 4 of you proved to me again that you don't always need money to have fun and laughs....and you definitely don't need it to just LIVE!!

Heather


Cheers!!!


Monica, me, Alex, Matt & Erkut







No comments: