About Me

My photo
United States
Scottish Born (Glasgow), USA bred (Brick NJ). Now living and NOT working in San Francisco. I'm a Daughter, a Sister, a Godmother,and a Friend. Volunteer, Traveler, Music & Theatre lover, and an avid Book Reader....oh yeah, and a Recruiter!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Expanding My Search Cities!!

It has been a long week.  Not that I did much, but long just the same.

I've expanded my job search to include other cities. I am now looking in (and this is no particular order...I have to be open to all!): San Francisco, Delhi, Philadelphia, Boston, Melbourne, Sydney, Glasgow and London. I've spent the week trolling jobs sights and filling out online form after online form and submitting my resume to all sorts of jobs. I am debating writing again to the Bank people to see if there is any further updates, but can't decide if its a good idea....I don't want to come across desperate! (even though I am!). I really liked the sound of the job though and I don't want them to forget about me because I was first to interview. I will give it some more thought over the weekend and decide by Monday.  I have also been contacted by a Recruiter who recruits other Recruiters.  He has a position with a Gaming company here in San Francisco, he is going to throw my resume in the mix and see what happens.  Although, I am NOT a "gamer", he says its worth a shot and I agree!

I also finished looking into all the school information.  I had apparently already done all the Financial Aid stuff online, and after reading through everything, discovered all I have to do is go and test (I think I may have a loophole out of that), meet with a counselor and pick classes.  It has to be done by June 1st. when the summer semester starts. If I don't have a job by then, I think I might just go full time.  June seems a long way off, but it'll be here before I know it, so I plan on going to the college and meeting with the counselor sometime by the end of this month.

Other than all that, I had an afternoon with Juan.  I picked him up from school and took him to his music lesson. He was hilarious as usual, and he even got me to join in when singing and playing his percussion instruments...we both got star stickers for doing so well!! LOL!

I have a babysitting job booked for tomorrow, but that's as far as the weekend plans go.  I imagine the rest will be spent watching movies and reading....I sound like such a bore!!

Heather

No comments: