About Me

My photo
United States
Scottish Born (Glasgow), USA bred (Brick NJ). Now living and NOT working in San Francisco. I'm a Daughter, a Sister, a Godmother,and a Friend. Volunteer, Traveler, Music & Theatre lover, and an avid Book Reader....oh yeah, and a Recruiter!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Happy 1 Month Anniversary......

to me...and you readers too!!!  I've been writing this blog for a month...I realized it yesterday after I posted.  I can't believe a month has gone by.

For those of you who read regurlarly, you already know...not much has changed since my first posting, but I think I  have....even if its just a little.  Writing everything as been cathardic and the feedback I have recieved has been so helpful, not just in my job search but personally as well.  I may not have my dream job...or any job really, but I feel better about how things are going and more confident that I will find something soon.

So, I'd like to give some shout-outs to the people who have been my biggest supporters:

First, my Mum. I know you didn't really get why I was doing this at first, but you send me messages of love and encouragement (and gifts of Scottish pies & sausages!) and I really don't know where I would be without you and Dad....I love you both very much.

Next are my girlfriends....Donna, Veronica, Karla, Alex, Nicole, Monica B. and Patty.  Some of you are close by and some are far away, but all of you have been so supportive of me and helped me with ideas, advice and sending out my resume to people you know in order to help me find something.  Without your help and without your friendship I don't know where I would be. I try to be as good a friend to all of you, and I know that right now I may fall short of that goal, but I hope you know how much you all mean to me.

To all my other friends and family....I know you are reading because some of you hit the "like" button on Facebook, and some send me messages or texts with words of encouragment. You are the cousins I don't see very often, or the people I went to High School with....but it means so much to me that you take the time to read this and to be supportive of me too.

And last but certainly not least...my cousin Kerry.  Your emails, ideas, and "micro-managing" (inside joke) may not be what I want to hear all the time, but I promise you, I take it in and consider them. Your support and love means so much to me and I am thankful that we are not only related, but friends too. I love you very much.

With any luck, all of the hard work I have put in looking for work will be over by the summer. Until then
please continue to read and send me comments or ideas...I will always listen.

Heather
xx

No comments: