About Me

My photo
United States
Scottish Born (Glasgow), USA bred (Brick NJ). Now living and NOT working in San Francisco. I'm a Daughter, a Sister, a Godmother,and a Friend. Volunteer, Traveler, Music & Theatre lover, and an avid Book Reader....oh yeah, and a Recruiter!

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Option to Hire.....

Another week...with nothing new to report really...but here we go: 
I had a last minute phone interview on Friday but I don't think it is for me....another highly commissioned job.  Today though, I have a phone interview for a contract job at another Bank.  It is a very similar role to the one I interviewed for a few months go.  It is a 3 month contract with the option to hire on full time.  Needless to say...I am very interested!!

Other than the usual (applying to jobs and phone interviewing), I've been trying to keep busy.  Spending time with Juan, doing little things around the house, and going for walks around my neighborhood.  This week I am going to tackle the last of my 3 projects I set for myself a few months back...the dreaded paperwork!!! I got a portable file system and I have mentally prepared myself for the task ahead!  Why I hold on to so much paper I don't know, but once this project is complete I am making it a thing of the past!!!

I'm trying to balance the looking for work with some more fun things as well.  I've been spending far too much time inside my apartment and not getting out of the house during the day.  That is why I started walking.  But I also have some things I'd like to do around the city and on Friday I am going to the deYoung museum to see the Balenciaga and Spain exhibit with Karla.  I've been dying to see it so I am pretty excited.  There are a few other things I'd like to see, so I am going to try and do them before I get back to work.

I've been feeling much better about things lately.  I've been reading about Nichiren Buddhism and have been chanting daily for the last 2 weeks.  It calms me, clears my head,  and makes me focus.  As you know (from my previous post "Faith") I've had reservations about any type of "religion" but this doesn't feel like that to me (they refer to it as a "practice") and I honestly feel better every time I chant.  I still have a lot to learn but it is really helping me.  I wasn't sure before if this would work for me, but I can't deny that it has.

So, that is all my news for now....fingers crossed that this phone interview turns into something!! 

Heather

No comments: