About Me

My photo
United States
Scottish Born (Glasgow), USA bred (Brick NJ). Now living and NOT working in San Francisco. I'm a Daughter, a Sister, a Godmother,and a Friend. Volunteer, Traveler, Music & Theatre lover, and an avid Book Reader....oh yeah, and a Recruiter!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Progress!!!!

This has been the busiest week of interviewing I have had EVER!! 

I have had 4 phone interviews so far this week.  I have one later as well, and maybe even a call with a company in India.  I have interviewed for positions on both coasts and for in house recruiting positions ... which is ideally what I would like to do.  I hope at least a few of them turn into more. (That would be an in person meeting).

I feel a little better knowing that all my hard work is paying off.  I am by no means "taking it easy" because of all of these interviews.  I am still applying daily to positions. To be honest, I am afraid to get my hopes up about any of them until it goes a little further in the process.  All seem really interesting and I am afraid if I look too far forward I will be disappointed like I was with that Bank recruiting role. (I never did hear from them again!).  Right now all I can do is to be articulate and cheerful and give good interviews about how I see myself in these roles and hope that they give me a chance. 

Other than all of the interviews I haven't done that much this week.  Well, my apartment is spic and span, all my laundry is done, and my dry cleaning turned in...basically I have been trying to keep busy doing mundane things in order to be a little less "down" than I was last week.  It seems to be working ... well except its Thursday and I don't have anything to do but wait for my next phone interview!! LOL!! 

I spent yesterday with Juan, which is always a joy for me.  He is so funny these days and we have the most interesting conversations on the bus.  His latest topics are all about how when he is 4 (which is a few months away) he will be bigger (true) and that when he is bigger he can do lots of things he apparently can't do now because he is 3. This includes...running faster and getting on the bus without my help!! So funny.  I'm so in love with this kid....the thought of leaving him (if I can't find work here) makes me choke up!


Me and Juan at the zoo last week

Anyway, like I said, I am feeling better because of the progress made this week.  I am a little more upbeat and more hopeful that things will be changing for me sooner rather than later.  I just have to keep doing what I am doing...sending out resumes EVERY day, and being more positive about my situation instead of wallowing in my boredom. 

Thanks again to all of you for your love, support and kind words last post...it helped more than you know!!

Heather

3 comments:

MDB_Mom said...

Great! I hope those 4 interviews turn into 4 offers!

mum said...

all things positive this week,they all cant say no to such a great person,worker and daughter..heres to more offers.
kiss juan for me, he makes you so happy

Heather said...

Thanks Monica and Mum...here is hoping things are taking a turn for the better!!