About Me

My photo
United States
Scottish Born (Glasgow), USA bred (Brick NJ). Now living and NOT working in San Francisco. I'm a Daughter, a Sister, a Godmother,and a Friend. Volunteer, Traveler, Music & Theatre lover, and an avid Book Reader....oh yeah, and a Recruiter!

Monday, May 2, 2011

It's May....already????

May....how is it May already!!??? I keep thinking that the days are dragging and boring, then I look at the calender and I think where have the months gone???

I got a call this morning about the job I interviewed for last week....they have decided NOT to move forward with me.  I am not that upset about it to be honest, like I said...It wasn't for me.  The good news is I have another interview tomorrow for a Contract Recruiter position for a Solar Energy Company downtown.  It sounds really interesting and I am looking forward to it.  I still haven't heard anything about the Bank job, I sent another email today.  I wish they would just say either way whether or not they are moving forward with me....at least the people from last week called to tell me. 

In the meantime, I have been applying to lots of part-time jobs for anything and everything.  Administrative Assistant, Nanny, Hotel Clerk, Office Worker...anything to get me out the house and doing something!! I've had a few babysitting jobs but it isn't enough money and I really need to find something more permanently part-time...if you know what I mean.

I've decided to wait on the school thing for now.  Since I have decided to open up my search to all over the country (and world), I think its better to see where I land.  Finding a job is Priority #1 at the moment, and if I have to spend all day everyday looking then I will!!! I'm still applying to jobs in India, Australia, the East Coast, West Coast.....at this point, I will go ANYWHERE!!!!

I don't have much planned for the week.  Juan's grandmother is in town so I won't be picking him up from school on my usual day, he's really the only thing I look forward to each week. Friday I am going to an event for an organization my friend Jenna is involved with (Water 1st).  This is my 3rd year at this event so I am looking forward to it and catching up with some people. 

I'll let you all know how the next interview goes....cross your fingers and toes that it goes well for me!!

Heather

No comments: