About Me

My photo
United States
Scottish Born (Glasgow), USA bred (Brick NJ). Now living and NOT working in San Francisco. I'm a Daughter, a Sister, a Godmother,and a Friend. Volunteer, Traveler, Music & Theatre lover, and an avid Book Reader....oh yeah, and a Recruiter!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

On the horizon....

For those of you NOT following my facebook page....I lost the nanny job 2 days after it was offered to me.  They decided they wanted someone who wasn't looking for full time work, which I can understand. 

I also had my interview yesterday.  It went okay, but ultimately I don't think it is for me.  It is an Account Executive role...all business development no recruiting...I would like to do both!  The good news is...I have another interview May 3rd for a Contract Recruiting role!!! AND...another on the horizon for an Administrative role for a consulting firm.  I am really excited about both of these opportunities.  I have had quite a few babysitting jobs over the last couple of weeks, so I have been keeping busy with that and the money lightens the load a little.  I am really starting to feel better about how things are progressing and trying to keep positive. I was a little bummed about the role yesterday but it is always good practice to interview so I don't consider it a waste of my time. I felt confident going in, and that is what counts.

I also got a new haircut!  I feel light and free and chic!! I needed a change and hair is the easiest thing to change right now so I just bit the bullet and chopped it off!! 

Other than that...nothing exciting going on!!  I have few networking events in the coming weeks, and plans with my friend Aisha this week, and going to hang with Alex on Friday!  I'm looking forward to letting loose!!

Heather

No comments: