About Me

My photo
United States
Scottish Born (Glasgow), USA bred (Brick NJ). Now living and NOT working in San Francisco. I'm a Daughter, a Sister, a Godmother,and a Friend. Volunteer, Traveler, Music & Theatre lover, and an avid Book Reader....oh yeah, and a Recruiter!

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Good Things Come in 3's....

So what will be my third???  Here are the two pieces of good news I've had in the last 24 hours:

Yesterday afternoon I got a call from a Recruiting firm downtown.  After a 15 minute call they asked me to meet with them!! Yay!!  I have an interview on Monday.  Its a Business Development role mostly, but there will be some recruiting too.  AND there is a salary (plus commission!!).  It sounds good, I just want to be sure that it pays well.  I definitely don't want a highly commissioned job again.

A little later in the afternoon I received an email from a couple that I interviewed with for a Part-Time nanny job about a month ago.  Apparently the person they hired didn't work out (she quit I think) and they are desperate for any help I can give them.  I will be working for them 4 days a week for 3-4 hours....starting TODAY!!!  I told them that I am looking for recruiting work right now and that I can help them for as long as it takes to find work.  Working 4 days a week allows me to still have my day with Juan so that makes me happy too!! 

Last night I attended Sparks Cocktails for a Cause event downtown.  It was nice to get out for a while and chat with some amazing women and do some networking.  I got some business cards and plan on sending my resume to them as well.

So what is next?? I don't know but I am glad things are getting better. I am still applying to lots of jobs on a daily basis because in this market you never know!!


Heather

No comments: