About Me

My photo
United States
Scottish Born (Glasgow), USA bred (Brick NJ). Now living and NOT working in San Francisco. I'm a Daughter, a Sister, a Godmother,and a Friend. Volunteer, Traveler, Music & Theatre lover, and an avid Book Reader....oh yeah, and a Recruiter!

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Early to Rise.....

I've been up for 3 hours already...it's Saturday for crying out loud...I used to sleep 'til noon...now I get up at 5:30am!!??

For the past 2 mornings I've woken up with what I can only describe as anxiety.  I've felt like I want to crawl out of my skin.  It has shaken me.  Nothing extraordinary has happened (as far as I know), I've had some strange dreams but that's it. I haven't had too much coffee (I don't typically drink it in the afternoon) or eaten anything strange or unusual (well, I had a salad for lunch yesterday...that is unusual! LOL), nor have I had any bad or unsettling news. So what is wrong with me?

I am BORED though! I feel like I should be doing something more, what exactly I'm not sure. I want to get out of this apartment, city, state, country for a while to regroup, but I can't.

I am so sick of looking for work!  The monotony  of it is enough to drive a person bonkers!!  I need a distraction, I need something pleasurable that can pull me out of this rut and get me excited!!  This time last year I was in the throws of planning my trip to Australia and India...it was so fun!  Applying for my visas getting my shots, planning the sightseeing...the anticipation was immense.  This year, its the opposite.  Instead of planning, I am daydreaming about getting away and the only thing I anticipate is that I will be unemployed through the summer!!

Now don't get all worried, I am sure it is just a phase. I know that everyone out there is rooting for me to find something soon. I just didn't think it would take this long and it has shaken my confidence a little (okay, okay, alot). What I do know with confidence is that EVERYDAY I do all I can to find work.  But can't a girl get a break? Or win the lottery??!!

I do have a piece of exciting news...well to me anyway!  I have been asked to write an article for a fashion website! I saw an ad on Craigslist and the owner of the website read this blog and asked me to write something. Although not a paying gig...it's still nice to be asked!!  I've submitted it already, so I will let you know if/when it gets published.  In the meantime, check out http://www.4fashionadvice.com/

I'll also be sure to let you all know if I win the lottery:)

Have a great weekend!
Heather

2 comments:

katherine/mammie said...

let us know when your article will be out and what did you write about.

Heather said...

Its about what to wear to an interview...and I will post it here too!!