About Me

My photo
United States
Scottish Born (Glasgow), USA bred (Brick NJ). Now living and NOT working in San Francisco. I'm a Daughter, a Sister, a Godmother,and a Friend. Volunteer, Traveler, Music & Theatre lover, and an avid Book Reader....oh yeah, and a Recruiter!

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Family, Friends and Feedback!

I know everyone says this...but I have the best family and friends!  I am guilty of not calling my parents enough, but I KNOW that they are there for me whenever I need them. (Even though they are in South Carolina). I also have a HUGE extended family...a network of Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, 2nd Cousins...they number over 100!! ( and live around the world!).  Although I am the oldest of 2 children in my own family (I have a brother, Dave), I always felt very lucky to be part of a much larger picture. (Scottish people liked to pro-create back in the day!!) Unfortunately, I have lost all 4 of my grandparents, but they have left an indelible mark on my life and I think of them often. I don't have any family members here in SF...my cousin Kerry left me alone here about 5 years ago I think (maybe less).  In the time that she did live here, we became closer than ever and I miss having her here, but I know she is just a phone call away as well.

What I lack in blood family (here in SF), I make up with my "Urban Family" (taken from the Bridget Jones movie)...My friends!  Their love and support over the last year has been remarkable. Whether near or far they call or write to give their support and encouragement and I honestly don't know what I'd do without them.  My oldest and dearest friend Donna, who has a family of her own to worry about, seems to have ESP, and writes or calls at exactly the time I am feeling my worst and just listens....its crazy!! She has visited me approx. every other year and we always pick up like we saw each other 2 days ago!  My closer friends here in San Francisco (Nicole, Olivia, Veronica, Karla, and Alex) are always around to lend me their ear or shoulder and without fail to make me laugh and see the brighter side of life. 
I am truely lucky to have them all in my life and I hope they know just how much they mean to me. <3

The feedback from them about my blog has been really encouraging.  I was nervous to put it out there. Each (well almost) have given some notes and I hope they see that I am taking it in and applying it:), and my wish is that they continue to do so!!

I probably don't say it often enough, but I hope you all know, how much I love and appreciate you.  Especially my parents, whose unyielding love, support, and encouragement I am grateful for everyday!!

Heather

No comments: