About Me

My photo
United States
Scottish Born (Glasgow), USA bred (Brick NJ). Now living and NOT working in San Francisco. I'm a Daughter, a Sister, a Godmother,and a Friend. Volunteer, Traveler, Music & Theatre lover, and an avid Book Reader....oh yeah, and a Recruiter!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Getting Better....

Things are a little better than my last post.

I still don't have a job, however, I have my phone back (thanks to my parents!) and I spoke with the people who manage my building and they are willing to work with me to keep me in my apartment!! Yay! Moving costs etc would have been so hard for me too, so I figured why not speak to them and see if we could work it out. They have agreed to let me pay my rent when my unemployment checks come in, so basically half each time.  This is a huge relief because I will have money to get through each period between checks instead of struggling. I still won't be rich, but it definitely helps!!

I spent yesterday morning/afternoon with Juan. We went to the park and he rode his bike there and back, which is the cutest thing ever! He LOVES that bike! After he left I had a long chat with Donna. I think I've said before, we've known each other since college and it always makes me feel better when I talk to her.  Can't wait for her (and maybe Patty, my old college roommate) to come visit SOON!!! 

I also completed my book shelf makeover (I have attached some pics)!! I got rid of a whole stack that I plan to donate. My next project is my paperwork.  I have stuff all over the place and have to get organized there too.  I need to borrow a shredder (anyone???) and get some files so I plan on doing it next week sometime.

No more word from the Bank people. I hope they make a decision soon.  Still, I am applying to jobs all over and keeping up my spirits.

I've had TWO pregnancy dreams this week. (NO I am not!).  I decided to look it up to see what they mean.  I don't usually remember my dreams. I went to dreammoods.com (after doing a Google search) and it said the following:

To dream that you are pregnant, symbolizes an aspect of yourself or some aspect of your personal life that is growing and developing. You may not be ready to talk about it or act on it. Being pregnant in your dream may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal.



I can't help but think how true that is right now. As tough as I am on myself sometimes, I am trying to grow and change. It doesn't always come easy, and I do tend to over-react sometimes, but I am trying. Writing this blog, coming up with projects/goals and accomplishing them has made me feel better too. I often don't give myself alot of credit for the things I DO accomplish...so I guess my subconscious is letting me know!!


Well, its sunny and 80 degrees here today, I am going to go out and enjoy the weather!

Heather

Before shot #1

Before #2

Books to Donate

Finished!!

Room to Spare!! Empty shelves!!

Even my nightstand has free space now!!

No comments: