About Me

My photo
United States
Scottish Born (Glasgow), USA bred (Brick NJ). Now living and NOT working in San Francisco. I'm a Daughter, a Sister, a Godmother,and a Friend. Volunteer, Traveler, Music & Theatre lover, and an avid Book Reader....oh yeah, and a Recruiter!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Monday, Monday, Monday

It's April...I can't believe it! 

Already 4 months into 2011 and a YEAR on unemployment. Sometimes I feel like I am never going to find work. Hard as I try not to be discouraged, it creeps up on me when I least expect it. I keep telling myself that it will happen soon, but will it? I've applied to so many jobs and haven't heard a word from 99% of them.  Mostly it is a polite (standard issue) email saying they have reviewed my resume and that I won't be good for the role...Um hello resume reader people..I am more than what it shows on my resume!!!! I send resume after resume into the "dark hole" of the company Internet site unsure if anyone actually looks at it (Ok, I know logically someone takes a quick look!) and just cross my fingers and hope for the best. 

Like all of you good working folks out there, I tend not to "work" on the weekends.  Well, I don't do as much as I do during the week.  I take a look of course at the websites, but typically nothing is added on Saturdays and Sundays. Today I have all of my emails from Monster, Careerbuilder, Indeed and a few other job sites to go through and start applying. Next I will go to LinkedIn Jobs, then a job website in India I like to look at every day. I am a creature of habit...this is my routine Monday-Friday of every week. It is kind of boring, my eyes start to go weird after a few hours of reading posting after posting, but this is my "work" until I find "real work"!!

I had a good weekend.  I didn't do anything special.  Veronica is in NJ so I am taking care of her cats (Frankie & Vinyl) and hanging at her house for a few hours and watching her cable!! It has been so nice here for the last week.  Sunny.  Warm. I walked to V's from my house the other day (about 25 blocks give or take). I watched some good movies (127 hours, Love and other Drugs, Mad Men Season 3) and last night treated myself to some Indian Food.  I used to eat out ALL the time, now it feels special.  I just grabbed a book (I picked up The Hour I First Believed again, its over 700 pages and I needed a break from it) and went and sat in the restaurant and read for a few hours.

Alas, now it is Monday, and I need to start my weeks work of job applications, and just like most of you...have some coffee and get over my Monday Morning Blues!!

Heather

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep the faith, karma everything happens for a reason and your on a path that will be just right for you, why not do some volunteer work to show off you skills or try find a wee part time job doing. Something completely different ?? To keep you busy while the right jobs comes around? Good luck x